Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wedding day makeup & hair

It's been a while, blogger land!  Lots of fun goings-on have occurred in the past few months, most especially Maria & Arden's wedding!  Maria & Arden were married in my hometown borough of Queen (holler!) and it was a beautiful ceremony followed by some serious dancing. 
Arden if you're reading this, JD envied your moves :)  Maria if you're reading this, I envied your curls!!
Speaking of curls I have finally found the perfect curling iron - it's a 1 1/2" curling iron made by Hot Tools.  It's expensive but Ulta had them on sale a while ago so I bought it!  And it's perfect.  Just the perfect width to give you beachy waves! I used to have a 1" curling iron but I found it gave me beauty-pageant curls ... anyway here it is - go get it!  

Back to the wedding!  I was in a rush that day so I didn't get to mess with my hair much ... I parted it in the middle, because I wanted change, but change sometimes isn't all that good eh... not happy with the middle part but oh well!  How pretty are Iris & Yvette!  Yvette had some serious Great Gatsby-hair, loved it!!! 
Ardell DuraLash Naturals Flare, Black, ShortOn to makeup ... oh man, I decided to be a little adventurous and glued on some false "wispies" - you know, the individual false lashes.  They are HARD to put on but after a few tries I got it!  I trimmed them a tiny bit because they were looking very long.  In the end I was happy with them!! I put just 1 on each eye.  

My face as always was a shiny disco-ball.  I give up, nothing works!  That Rimmel anti-shine powder I wrote about a while ago only works for the first 30 minutes after you apply it.

That's all for tonight, ciao!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I used Katy Perry lashes! I swear by them! So cheap and totally easy to use. Yvette's hair was amazing and you're makeup was flawless!! xoxo - iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh right I forgot about the Katy Perry!!! They looked so awesome on you .. I have to keep a lookout for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Revlon self adhesive lashes. I also have Rimmerl anti shine powder. Have not tried it too much, but good to know, Lisa. I just try to use a good mattifying and oil absorbing primer. I have yet to find my holy grail product.

    ReplyDelete