Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Another Birthday, Another Year of Fighting Wrinkles!

Happy birthday to us!
Another year, another year of battling these pesty wrinkles!

I have been wearing sunscreen daily since my early teens, so I'd like to say my anti-aging efforts started early on.  However, as the years pass on by, the list of concerns grows longer.  Fine lines, age spots, dark circles... For wrinkles and fine lines, I have used La Roche Posay Redermic, a retinol treatment.  Honestly, I don't have deep wrinkles and few fine lines, so I wouldn't know if it will help with those.  But I guess if they don't develop, than its working! And the retinol should help with acne which I still get unfortunately. Le sigh.

Another product that I have been reaching for is Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance Serum.  It's great for fading the acne scars I have, and I barely have any sun spots thanks to this lovely serum.  I use once a day under my make up and every other night when I am not using La Roche Posay Redermic.  Maybe later on, when wrinkles become more of a problem, I will use the retinol nightly. For now, even skin tone is my concern, and Vinoperfect has addressed that quite nicely.    
-Lori


Redermic [R]

Okay, my turn!  This is what my medicine cabinet looks like:

From left to right:

  • Lancome Multiple Action eye cream sample (haven't tried yet)
  • Estee Lauder's Resilience eye cream sample (it's alright, but not as moisturizing as I'd hoped it would be for the under eye area .. so if you're dry then this may not be for you)
  • Estee Lauder Resilience day cream for face (it's OK, I think I like Shisheido better and will probably go back to buying their day cream once I'm done with this)
  • Estee Lauder Advanced -something eye cream  (trying to go through the Resilience eye cream sample first before I get to this)
  • and finally, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum which I LOVE.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  This is my 2nd bottle.  It's $$ but worth it; face looks great the morning after

That is a lot of Estee Lauder! Maybe it's from always watching my mom lather on all her Estee Lauder makeup and creams growing up.
-Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Ugh my phone deleted my previous comment. So love this post. I second Estee Lauder advanced night repair serum! I am in my second bottle and swear by it. I just bought the olay regenerist eye serum (yes now i own four serums) and the night cream. I will let you know my thoughts on that.

    ReplyDelete