Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fave Fragrances

I just saw a Lancome ad for a perfume which made me think of their Tresor perfume which always reminds me of my aunt.  Every time I walk by the Lancome counter and by the Tresor bottles I'm immediately reminded of her, because it was what she always wore growing up.  It was her signature scent.

Growing up I always thought of my aunt as so glamorous - she was so chic to me and always so put together so of course I equate Tresor with glamour.

My mom - equally as glamorous but in a more effortless kind of way - had a   signature perfume which was Estee Lauder's Pleasures.  This is my mom -- one whiff of this and I'm brought back to our house on Long Island and my parents' huge bathroom where I'd dig through my mom's makeup and experiment with her lipsticks.

I don't know if I have a signature scent - I have been wearing Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom & Honey forever though, at least since my early Razorfishy days so I'd say at least for seven years.  WOW.  Anyway it smells delicious and fruity in a subtle way. JD loves it and hates when I experiment with other perfumes... every time I spritz on my Jo Malone he'll say "you smell like Liser!"

So I was pretty loyal to that Jo Malone bottle for a long long time, until I discovered Elie Tahari's "Le Parfum" This scent couldn't be more different than the Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey.  It's muskier, and has a more grown-up scent (JD says I smell like old lady).  It's more of a wintery/fall scent though.  It's heavy and intense so I use it sparingly.

My more recent perfume discovery is Trish McEvoy's No 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk It was love at first spritz.  I sprayed it on once and couldn't stop sniffing my wrists, and even asked JD and his mom what they thought.  Both approved so I took the plunge and bought a mini bottle of this.  Well what do you know I go home spray it on and JD is all "blech!" about the perfume.  What a fickle nose he has.  I still love it.  It is fruity - but strong and almost would be too sweet if not for the vanilla I guess.

A while ago I smelled an AMAZING scent -- it was a Bond No 9 scent but they have a million different ones and every time I'm at a counter I go through every bottle hoping to find the one I smelled those many years ago.  Haven't found it yet!  I kick myself for not buying it that one time I smelled it.  If any of you guys have tried Bond No 9 let me know which ones you love :)

-Lisa


2 comments:

  1. I'm always on a quest for a good scent but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a good one in a while. But I love the Jo Malone Nectarine scent too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you wish you could bottle up the way a baby smells .. Eau de Bebe!

    ReplyDelete