Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Red Lipstick!

So .. I have a thing for red lipsticks - it just looks so striking when you see a girl with a bare face and a shock of bright red lips!  A la ... 

 and  

Anywho I can't seem to stop buying red lipsticks despite the fact that I rarely use them ... Here are the four I have (left to right: Trish McEvoy "Kisses," Shiseido "RD 514,", Chanel Rouge Allure "Passion," and Revlon "Coral."  My favorite of the four is probably the Shiseido because it's more of a plum-y red.  
The Chanel is a true, in-your-face fire engine red, a touch on the pink side.  The Revlon is a coral, orange-y red that I wore maybe once during the summer (before I probably swiped it off).  I'm wearing the Chanel lipstick in the pic on the right.  Now that I look at this pic it does look more pink, actually ... 
I'm wearing the Trish McEvoy today and I should probably take a picture but I am not so good at selfies ;)

I love red lipsticks.  I VOW to go through all four of these lipsticks this year!!! I just have to remember to take it EASY on the blush :) 

What are your favorite red lipsticks?  How do you ladies feel about wearing it?  Trashy?  Elegant?  
Is it OK to wear red lips during the day or for PM only???

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I have heard that Revlon matte lip balm in Standout is an amazing neutral red, which means it will look great on EVERYONE. That explains why everywhere I go, its sold out. Otherwise, MAC Lady Bug is a beautiful wearable, sheer red.

    ReplyDelete