Friday, May 24, 2013

Foundation Friday


ColorStay Makeup For Combo/Oily Skin
I admit, I have enough foundation to last me a lifetime and beyond.  Gone are the days where I would stick with one foundation until I use it up.  I currently rotate between several different ones depending on the finish or coverage I want.  Now that summer is approaching, I will be using long lasting, waterproof/sweatproof foundations.  A long time favorite of mine is Revlon Colorstay liquid make up for oily/combination skin  in Golden Beige.  I have been using this stuff for 10 years! and it is the only drugstore, full coverage foundation that I love.  I apply with my fingers if I am rushing, which usually gives me a medium coverage or a flat top kabuki brush for fuller coverage.  Lasts all day and dries to a matte finish!



Another one I like is MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC 35 with MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW20, which i use under my eyes.  If I am less tan, I mix a little bit of the concealer with the foundation to lighten it up and neutralizer.  I also use a dense brush for this stuff, which lasts forever through a sweaty, humid day.  I set it with a light dusting of MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Plus.  It seriously does not come off unless I use an oil based cleanser.
-Lori



4 comments:

  1. Lori what cleanser/makeup remover do you use???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this question was for Lori, but I LOVE Shiseido eye and lip makeup remover. It's the only remover that doesn't sting my eyes. It takes off my eye makeup pretty quickly.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Julia!! I have to try this .. I have been trying to go through a drugstore eye makeup remover which was cheap but is so greasy ...

      Delete
    3. sorry for the late reply. I am just now catching up with a week's worth of blogging. I love love love MAC's cleansing oil. It takes everything off. Even hard to remove eyeliner and waterproof mascara.

      Delete