Monday, November 11, 2013

Birchbox

I received a Birchbox subscription as a gift and while at first I didn't get what the fuss was about, (it's a box of beauty samples delivered to you every month) it was nice to get a monthly surprise in the mail.

Birchbox is awesome if you're a frequent traveler -- my travel makeup kit is filled with all my Birchbox goodies. 

My favorite items to date:

1. Dr. Jart BB cream - this is actually amazing and is what I wore when I was in South Carolina this past summer. It held up well under the intense Carolina sun and you could barely tell I had anything on (I hope)!  Bonus: SPF 45.  Gotta slather on the SPF to ward away wrinkles! LOVE THIS and will be buying a full size.

2. The Balm Hot Mama blush .. I do feel like a hot mama with this on.  This is similar to Nars Orgasm but a tad lighter and not as pigmented which I like.  Looks so natural.

3. Argan oil - I had been dying to try Argan Oil so I was excited when I got a little vial of this in one of my Birchboxes.  I have really oily skin but I dabbed a little of this all over my face and my skin drank it all up. A dusting of powder over it and I was good to go! Argan oil is wonderful. A little goes a long way and it can be used on your body and hair.  Multi-purpose!  Love!   

So those are my favorites to date.  Below is what I got in the November box - some "buffing beads" which you mix with your regular facial cleanser to turn it into a mild exfoliant; a pencil highlighter (will not be using this, I have no idea how to use highlighter); a mud mask; some tea; body lotion and a perfume sample which I instantly regretted spritzing on.  It gave me a headache.  Smelled too sweet.

That's all for today.. I had to re-write a little of this because my changes DIDN'T SAVE!! Argh.
Oh well.  Ciao, chicas!
Lisa





1 comment:

  1. ah! you can use the highlight pencil a few different ways! Put a little under the highest arch of your brow. This will also help define your brows even more. Or you can use to line the inner rims of your eyes to look more bright eyed. I have NYX wonder pencil and looove it for all of the above!

    ReplyDelete