Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Eyebrow Woes

Well I got my eyebrows tattooed for the third time in my life.

The first time, I was around 16 - I didn't ask my mom to get them tatt'ed, it was more like she took me for a trip to Flushing and surprise!  You're getting a tattoo!  I think she was over my over-plucked brows.  I was trying to emulate Kate Moss and keep up with the trend of the times but clearly Lisa Kim is no Kate Moss.

Anyway that first time was horrific for a few days because I looked like Groucho Marx with brows that looked like they had been drawn on with a black Sharpie.  But once the dead, scabby skin peeled off - I was a new girl and I suddenly had new natural-looking brows that I didn't have to fuss with!!!!

I did this for a second time in college because they had faded by then. My mom took me to the same place and the results were fantastic.

I'm now 33 and after about 5 years of penciling in my non-existent brows (because they'd faded again), I finally went in and got them tattooed again.

This time I went to a woman in NJ - she gave me a color that was "tawny" - which, now that the scabs have fallen off, I now realize is a reddish brown (!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I look ridiculous and my brows look fake.  Luckily, this woman I saw includes two brow sessions in her cost, so I'll just go back and have her give me a more dark brown/black color.

I have so much hair on my head, what the heck happened to my brows?!

-Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I have the opposite problem! I have thick eyebrows that I need to get threaded often -but don't. I know I need to post eventually and I promise I will - maybe I can add to your eyebrow post haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have gotten my eyebrows tattooed multiple times. A total of 4 times by 2 different ladies over a span of 8 years. My last ink job was by far the most long lasting, done by a talented lady in San Francisco at a place called Faces, Plus in Nob Hill/Chinatown area. Lasted a really long time and just begun to fade to a natural dark brownish gray. I am contemplating getting them redone on my next SF trip.

    ReplyDelete