Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Mascara Monday!

If you can't already tell, Lori and I have a fondness for alliteration.
Monday and Friday were easy to match up .. M for mascara and F for foundation.
What about the other days?
  • Tooth whitening Tuesdays?
  • Wet n Wild Wednesdays? (remember Wet n Wild @ the local drugstore??)
  • Thickening Spray for hair Thursdays?
Anyone anyone?

In the meantime let's move on to the topic of this post which is MASCARA!
Not sure about you ladies but I was not blessed with lengthy or thick luscious lashes.
Mine are sparse and thin, so I need all the help I can get in the lash area.

Of all the various makeup types I've probably experimented most with mascara because it's cheap, and I go through them pretty quickly since I rarely go a day without swiping some on.

For me a good mascara is one that doesn't smudge under or around my eyes.  For some reason I am plagued with this problem and as a result I carry around Q-tips and a sample-sized makeup remover for when I'm rocking racoon eyes.

Here's what I'm using now - "They're Real" by Benefit and "Hypnose Drama Waterproof" by Lancome. I've been using the Benefit one only because it came in my Birchbox and I want to just be done with it!  It's not terrible because the smudgefactor is low but it's not great because by lunch I see traces of black along my lower lash line.

LANCOME however is my favorite and I will always be loyal to their mascara.  I used to always buy their Definicils but decided to try their Hypnose Drama Waterproof mascara ... the wand is all crazy-shaped but I love it, it gives me that VA VA VOOM ;)

One of these days I'll try eyelash extensions ... has anyone tried????

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment