Friday, May 10, 2013

Foundation Friday, Foundation Fails

Happy Friday friends!!!

So today I'll just touch on some foundation fails.  Here we go!

  • Lancome Teint Idole - I tried this because I will admit I am Princess Kate obsessed and I read somewhere that this is the foundation she uses. So, I channeled my inner Princess when trying this but alas it didn't look great on me; I have combination skin (I know, shocker because I often scare myself when looking at the mirror seeing how shiny I am) and this foundation made my skin look flaky.  I returned it.  BUT I must just be the exception because I think JD's mom wears this and it looks AMAZING on her ..so very natural.  Must just be my skin type?
  • Chanel Vitalumiere - this got so many great reviews but it had the same effect on my skin as the Lancome did ... it accentuated my dry patches, so I had to return this (but not before plopping some more dinero on some blush and lipstick!)
So after experimenting with the above I turned back to my beloved Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.
It's the best and looks so natural, like you don't even have makeup on.  LOVE IT.

In other news what's everyone up to this weekend?  Happy Mother's Day to all moms!!
We are having a mother's day lunch @ Danny's apt on the UES ... which means I'll probably have to navigate my way to the Lululemon up there (my latest bank-breaking obession).

I don't have any makeup pics but here's one of me & my mom after making cheesecake (yum)

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment